1. Asio flammeus (NT$5): About 37-42 centimeters in length. It has a pale yellow facial disc, dark circles around the eyes and small ear-tufts. Its backside plumage is yellowish brown with vertical black streaks, whereas its chest and abdomen are pale yellow with vertical brown streaks. In Taiwan this is a migratory bird that overwinters on the island, but it is not common. Its habitat includes open agricultural lands and grasslands. 2. Otus spilocephalus (NT$5): About 15-17 centimeters in length. It has a yellowish brown facial disc, a yellow beak and prominent ear-tufts. Its crown feathers are light brown with black spots, and it has prominent milk white circles on its neck. The body is mostly light brown in color, with an off-white belly that has a dense array of light brown stripes. Its range stretches from low-altitude to high-altitude areas, and it is found mostly in forest environments. 3. Strix leptogrammica (NT$10): About 50-58 centimeters in length. Its facial disc is black around the eyes and gradually fades to white and then darkens to reddish-brown toward the edges. It lacks ear-tufts. There is a dark reddish-brown coloration from its head to backside. Its neck and throat are white, and the abdomen is light brown and covered with dark brown fine horizontal bars. It inhabits at the edge of woodlands or in the glades of mixed forests. 4. Ninox scutulata (NT$25): About 22-28 centimeters in length. It has a round head and lacks both ear-tufts and prominent facial disc. Its plumage is largely dark brown, with a belly that is beige with randomly scattered dark brown spots. Its population in Taiwan includes both migratory and non-migratory groups. It lives primarily in low- and mid-elevation mountainous regions.
Chunghwa Post previously issued two sets of stamps on long-horned beetles on May 21, 2010 and January 26, 2011 respectively. This third set of four stamps, featuring four kinds of them which are endemic to Taiwan, Leptura formosomontana formosomontana, Pyrestes curticornis, Anaglyptus meridionalis,and Anoplophora albopicta, will be released on March 9, 2012. The designs follow:
1.Leptura formosomontana formosomontana (NT$7): This beetle has a black body with eight yellow markings on its elytra. Unlike most males of the genus, the end of the abdomen of this species is shorter than its elytra. It is found in broad-leaved forests and coniferous broad-leaved mixed forests at around 2,000 meters above sea level. An adult is typically about 1.6 to 1.9 centimeters long.
2. Pyrestes curticornis (NT$12): This beetle has a red body and a pair of dark-red flat and jagged antennae. Some individuals in this species have black antennae. The surface of its elytra is covered with stippling and fine red hair. The species is found in broad-leaved forests between the coastal plain and 1,400 meters above sea level. An adult is typically about 1.5 to 1.8 centimeters long.
3. Anaglyptus meridionalis (NT$15):This beetle has a bright red body. Its pronotum and elytra are covered with many black markings encircled by fine golden yellow and white hair. Its antennae are black overall, but the base of each segment is white. The species is found in broad-leaved forests and coniferous broad-leaved mixed forests between 1,200 and 2,400 meters above sea level.An adult is typically about 1.5 to 1.8 centimeters long.
4. Anoplophora albopicta (NT$20):This large beetle has a black body with a violet-blue or violet-green metallic sheen. Its head, antennae, and elytra are all black, but the base of each of its antennae segments is white. There are some sharp spurs on the outer edges of its prothorax. The surfaces of its elytra are smooth and dotted with white spots.The species is found in broad-leaved forests between the coastal plain and 2,000 meters above sea level.An adult is typically about 4.3 to 5.7 centimeters long.
Valentine’s Day on February 14 is a much-celebrated holiday among young people. To encourage people to express their love through letters, Chunghwa Post is issuing another set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet (Issue of 2012) with roses as motifs. The designs follow:
1. NT$12 stamp: A pink rose symbolizes first love and courting, as well as friendliness and a graceful upbringing. This stamp features a pink rose in full bloom to convey unrestrained passion.
2. NT$25 stamp: An orange rose bud reveals the reticence of first love. The vignette of this stamp brings warmth and joy to one’s heart.
3. Souvenir sheet: Within the heart-shaped stamp are two pale orange roses which signify mutual love and affection. The pink background along with the wordings “Happy Valentine’s Day” offers blessings to all of the world’s lovers.
The two stamps are designed as a se-tenant gutter pair. Embossing and spot varnish techniques are employed in printing. The gutter, featuring two hearts shot through with Cupid’s arrow, symbolizes mutual love. A six-color tag with another two additional marks indicating embossing and varnishing effects are printed on marginal inscription. The souvenir sheet is printed in scented ink—a first for Chunghwa Post.
I collect FDC and cover from worldwide. If you also interested in swap FDC with me, please e-mail to me: email@example.com／Je rassemble FDC et enveloppe de dans le monde entier. Si vous
intéressiez également dans l'échange FDC avec moi, svp E-mail à
moi : firstname.lastname@example.org